Thursday, May 25, 2006

Proud mummy moment coming up

First of all though I'll tell you about yesterday :)

Alanna and I had our meeting with the Headmistress at the school to find out which teacher she has when she starts school in September. I'm really pleased that it will be the same one that Sabrina had - the school here covers a large area and has a 75 pupil intake capacity for reception. This year it will be two classes, although some years it has been 3.

It was quite funny to start with as my little one can chat for England (no idea where she got that from :) ), but she was really quiet to start with. However, once the ice was broken a bit she started coming out with random answers to questions,

OK on to today :)

This morning was Sabrina's class assembly, they do this every term, each class gets to put on a special assembly and the parents are invited along.

It was all based on eating healthier and excercise. Three of them did a little "play" read from one of their library books - Yep you guessed it, Sabrina was one of the three. I came away almost in tears after seeing my "little" girl do such a great job. I know she's bright and can read fantastically for a 6 year old, but to hear the comments of other parents and the applause the 3 of them got was just so great.

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Oh well done Sabrina! What a clever girly-girl.

So...Linz...have I got this wrong. There are 75 possible children in TWO reception classes (38 in one class and 37 in the other).

My word. That's a LOT. And also not within Government standards. But I may have got it wrong...?

Linz said...

No, currently they have a maximum intake of 90 which would mean 3 classes, but that is probably going to be reduced to 75 (also 3 classes). However this September there will be less than 60 so it will only be two classes - is that clearer :)

Chrissie said...

Oh well that's okay then! I was thinking 37 per class was 'teacher rocks in the corner' enducing! I just feel all relieved for the teachers there now! LOL!