Tuesday, January 02, 2007

OK todays the day

Yes I know the 1st was yesterday, but I never actually get round to doing anything much on the 1st January so I had already decided that I'd start everything today.

So what am I starting, well losing weight to start with and no it's not a diet because diets don't work. It's a healthier and hopefully by the same token slimmer me.

I weighed myself this morning and I won't be revealing the result as I was pretty shocked myself. I knew my rough weight, but was gobsmacked at how much I'd put on over the holiday period.

So my first target is to get down to what I have been weighing in at for the last few months and then I can start tackling that. I'll blog what I've lost every week so that should make me blog at least once a week - another target.

I was aiming at a weight loss of about 6 stone but seeing this mornings shock it may be a little higher than that.

There are going to be a few other changes in my life too, I've decided that at 46 it's about time I stopped letting people upset me. I've been told by lots of people over the years that I am too sensitive so guess who's getting hard - LOL. Seriously though I've decided not to take things to heart as much as I have done in the past and if that makes me a tougher person then so be it. I've spent too much of my life in tears because of other people so it's smiles all the way - so from now on it will be "whatever" or "so what" and move on.

There are a few goals that I've set myself for this year too, can't say them here yet but as the year goes by I'll let them out of the bag.

One of the biggies though is for me to be more organised, I never seem to have time to do half the things I would like to and I realised quite a while ago that it's because I am so disorganised.

I have what I call a butterfly mind. What I mean by this is that I'll start one job and then something will distract me and I'll start something else and then be distracted again and another job gets started. I've known myself to have up to a dozen things on the go by doing this and yes they do all get finished (eventually) but if I concentrated and finished the first one, or at least set myself a limit of 3 then it would be much easier. I'm pretty sure that if I do this I'll feel happier about getting tasks completed and find more time as I won't be flitting (hence the reference to butterflies) from one thing to another all the time.

So there you go, blog entry done, start weight recorded (not here though) and two other things set down in writing, 2007 will be my year.

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Yey! Healthy Linzy, Healthy Debbie, Healthy Chrissie.

We are setting each other little targets too. So I challenge you to plan ALL your meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for a week. :D

Go us!!!!

Deborah Duck said...

Welcome to the club Linz.