Monday, April 10, 2006

Where did March go

After being seriously nagged at the weekend, I've promised I will try to update my blog at least once a week, just have to find another 50 hours a week to get everything done (and that's not including the housework).

Had a fantastic weekend at the Scrappers Unlimited Brecon Beacons retreat, even if I did end up driving backwards and forwards all weekend.

My daughters were both in a ballet show on the Friday evening and I had agreed that I would come back home to see it, then on the Saturday I discovered I'd managed to take the shop keys with me. So my weekend went like this

Thursday late afternoon drive to the Brecons and set up my shop - drop into bed about 1am
Friday get up at 6.30 and finish setting up the shop, then chat and eat and drink (soft drinks) until about 2pm when I then drove back to Gloucestershire. Sort out girls and drive to Cheltenham to watch the show which (had to have them there for 6.15). Watch show and finally after picking up the girls get back home at about 10.45. Take them to bed and read a story before setting off back to the Brecons - got back there at about 12.30 and finally went to bed at about 2.30

Got up Saturday at about 7.15 and after some lovely cooked breakfast started my one and only class of the weekend (one of Chrissie Willicombes fantastic journalling classes). Then came the bombshell - Gary rang asking me where the shop keys were - yep you guessed it. In my pocket!!! I'd popped down the shop quickly on the Friday and had forgotten to take them out of my pocket when I got back.

So after much "discussion" I set off to meet him and the girls part way (about Ross) and then back to the retreat again. After this I had just about lost the will to live so all thoughts of even trying to finish the layout I had started or any others I had planned went right out the window and I just started having a play with some Utee.

Back at home poor Sabrina has come down with the Chickenpox and is not very happy at all. Looks like she may have a bit of conjuctivitis as well. Just waiting for Alanna to get it now (and she will be a real misery - well what will be new there then :-) ).

OK, I still have to work today, so best get the girls sorted - now do I put an "UNCLEAN" notice on the door to warn people of the Chickenpox or just try to hide her away in a cupboard (yes I am joking)

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

YEEEEEEY!!! Linz...you BLOGGED!!!

Poor you. You are now intimately acquainted with the route between your home and various parts of Wales, are you not? Thank you for providing such a fab shop (oh...and I never paid you for my bits of papers I took...I did write them down).

And thank you for your comments about my journaling class. You can take it again sometime for free! How was the chutney?

And these retreats are supposed to be relaxing - LOL!